Monday, August 2, 2010

Step Aside Dr. Suzuki

Jack has been playing violin for almost two years now and finished the entire Suzuki Book 1, so he gave a solo recital and played every piece in the book.  Sounds crazy, I know, but that is what I did as a child and so I knew he could do it, too.  I was bursting with pride.  He did a beautiful job.
Pre-show nerves?  Not this kid - he was all focus.
Me saying something really inspiring like, "be sure to bow nice and slow," or the phrase I said to myself over and over and over before performances, "Just have fun!"

So serious and concentrated!
Victory!  I played the Minuets with him and it was so much fun for me.
I told Jack he could have any food his heart desired, so he chose "a Costco cake and ice cream".  The only one we could find that he loved had these bright balloons on it and said "Happy Birthday."  We scraped off the birthday, so it just read Happy!  He loved it.
And the prize for all of his hard work?  Mario Kart for the Wii.  He was as pleased as a kid could be and I was as proud as a mom could be.

2 comments:

I am Laura said...

Wow Kate, you should be so proud. My kids can't do a thing. They are wild and crazy! I wish I even knew where to start with getting them into things. I am so glad your talent is being past down to future generations of musical genius. I wish I could see him play. Did you take video?

CE said...

so great to see pictures. what a handsome man!
Cannon