Thursday, May 31, 2012

Sailing Season Already?!




Every spring Christian gets a little, well, spring in his step as the air gets a tiny bit warmer and sailing season approaches.  Inevitably some grey saturday he'll lower his Laser from the garage rafters onto his little 2-door car and proudly drive off to the yacht club to lovingly unload, spray down, and prep his sailboat for the season.  I think it looks so funny, I just had to take a picture of it.  He races every Tuesday night through the summer and this year because of the unseasonably warm weather the yacht club got going a month early.  Yet, his Memorial Day regatta (where they throw a beer to each sailor at the end of the race - the beer I found in his trunk before I knew about this tradition, but that's another story!) it was blowing 30 knots and the wreckage was so bad out on the lake that they called off the regatta.  So much for mild weather!  Still, this sailor is undaunted and even more excited for a long 4 months of time on the lake.  On my end, after a good sail I can get Christian to do just about anything for me, so I support this hobby!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

What?! Beer?? In Christian's trunk? Hahahahah!I can totally picture the after-sail honey-do list with a very willing honey. Both parties are happy :)