My viola recital was quite an event - for me. I worked for months to be ready and I really did feel ready. Admittedly, it wasn't my most impressive program, nor my most advanced playing, but it was the best I could do at 8 months pregnant and I felt very satisfied. The audience was larger than I dared to imagine and so supportive with flowers and tears! I think my mom cried the hardest, though. Although it was only 45 minutes, I was completely spent by the end and grateful to have made it all the way through the Bach Suite. My dad thought I was going to faint from exhaustion!
Thank heavens for Megan and Jeremiah who drove up from Evanston to join me in the recital. Megan was a dream accompanist and Jeremiah made the duet so much fun - for me as well as the audience.
A serious expression, but kind of funny to think of a pregnant woman playing the viola!
Mom and me after the recital - whew! - in front of the conservatory. It was such a beautiful hall, inside and outside. It used to be a residence and then was turned into the music conservatory.
I could not have made it through the concert without my parents. While I waltzed off to warm up, they cut flowers, arranged desserts, and got everything set up with Christian's help. It meant so much to have them there supporting me and felt almost like the old days...give or take a few decades. Adam and Laura picked up David and Abby from the airport and made it to the recital just in time, so I really did have a huge showing from my family alone. I am one lucky woman!
1 comment:
Kate!! I love all your recent posts, but especially love this one! I am so proud of you for doing a viola recital!! I know how dear the viola is to your heart, and for you to do a full recital, and all the prep that goes into it while taking care of 3 boys, a hubby, and being 8 months pregnant?!! You are superwoman and an inspiration!! I You look so, so happy for you. Would have loved to have heard it. I am sure it was beautiful.
Miss you sweet friend!
Love-
Stace
Post a Comment