Finally Jack has a real uniform, a real team, and real games! He could not be more thrilled. This was his first game and it was wet and very cold. He is easily one of the biggest kids on his team and actually really good. Next to him in this picture is Rocco, the "biggest boy in my class, but I'm actually faster than him." I think our son has some good competition in him.
They only play 3-on-3, so it gives them a really good chance to learn passing and teamwork. Can you believe there was actually a kid talking smack at Jack's game? They are kindergartners for crying out loud! He loves to tell the story of the "tall boy" that said to him, "You're not going to get the ball!" then just as the kid swung his leg to kick, Jack stole the ball from him. He is so proud of that moment in his first soccer game and I can't blame him. I'm pretty proud myself.
That is Jack's Russian coach in the black, behind him. These teams are coached by parents, but we really lucked out with this guy. He says things during the game like, "Are you dreaming or playing soccer? Run!" which is kind of harsh on a 6 year-old, but he is also very nice and playful. Every time they score he says, "Celebrate!!" I'm grateful Jack is getting some good coaching.I had to add this photo after all of the soccer pics because Jack said to me the other day, "Mom, I really like soccer better than violin." Oh boy. His teacher just told me he is one of her best students. At least he is learning and doing well. Thank goodness his friend, Seojun is still taking lessons (not that I really care, I mean let's be honest, it's still up to me and so he's taking violin. Case closed.), so at least group class is fun! I'm really proud of Jack. He is a hard worker, no matter what it is. I think he gets it from Christian...



No comments:
Post a Comment