Friday, May 6, 2011

Fat Matt's Rib Shack

 Every time we visit Atlanta we try to make it to Fat Matt's.  If you pass through the sprawling city of ATL this place is an absolute must.  I like ribs okay, but at Fat Matt's I LOVE ribs (the pulled pork sandwich is pretty heavenly, too).  Mark got a kick out of Georgia tasting a little BBQ in her antique sweater.  He was hoping Janet wouldn't happen to throw a glance his direction and see the possible destruction of her sweater.  No worries - she stayed clean.


The two gents having a go at ribs.  This place is seriously a hole in the wall shack where the waitresses call you "honey" and serve the most perfect lemonade you've ever had.  I could go on, but it'll make me hungry.
    
 
Here we are: the whole Mitchell family at the Atlanta Temple.  
The temple underwent a year and a half remodel and before they re-dedicate it they held open houses for the public to tour inside.  We took the boys to see what the sealing room looks like (where you get married) and all the other beautiful rooms, and they really were beautiful.  For me, however the best part was the video before we went inside.  One of the leaders of our church, Elder Holland spoke about being married for eternity.  He got teary (and so did I) as he said he couldn't talk about heaven without talking about his wife and children because it would not be a celestial existence without them.  He explained that in the temple we are sealed to our family for eternity, not just until "death do us part."  Who wants to be parted from the ones they love more than anyone else on earth?  I looked at our kids and at Christian and knew what he said was true.

 We all think Genevieve and Georgia look alike - it's the eyes.  I love this picture of them in their off-white vintage clothes.  So beautiful.

1 comment:

Stacey said...

What a lovely time away with Christian's fam! I had to chuckle at the ribs and Georgis. I do think she must have some southern blood in her! She is a beauty, and your boys, well they are all so handsome! Loved all the comments on my blog! Great to be "chatting" again! I have missed you! Lots of love.