Check out this spread! That is the magic of Cortney Huber's creativity. She and Laura gave me the most fabulous baby shower. There were potted flowers with little seed packages stuck in, veggies in lined pots, and tiny little flower pots with quotes in them from my mother (things like, "Elbows off the table" and "Be interested and interesting"). I wish I had added "grits and sausage are married" but maybe I would be the only one to get that. In any case, it was a gorgeous spread and the food was incredible. Just check out this lemon tart with raspberries, and no, I didn't take the pictures. That would be Melinda from our ward - she's a genius with photography.
Laura put together my first every diaper cake, complete with a tiny pair of black, patent-leather shoes on top and home-made flower clips. Each diaper was tied with one of those unbelievably skinny rubber bands that mothers of girls use with a magical ease. The next day I practiced on Audrey's hair and saw what a long way I have to go with hair-dos. In any case, it was a really cute addition to the already decorated house. Laura had painted a big "Baby GEORGIA" banner on fabulous paper and it was less shocking to me than I thought it would be. I just have to again say how thrilled I am to use that lovely name in honor of a lovely person!
Okay, I have not been this spoiled at a shower since I had Jack. There were something like 25 women there from church and they all were in the party spirit. It really was a girls' night out kind of party. So, kudos to Laura and Cortney for planning such an event.
This is me with Audrey before opening presents. Just add two more curious hands and a mound of gift bags and you get the idea of the shower. I was surrounded - by children and gifts. But hey, I'm not complaining. I felt so utterly loved that night. So, thank you a million times to Laura and Cortney!!I just had to add this last picture. As you can see, I am one of the last in the ward to have a baby in this ridiculous surge of births. Luckily, 4 of these 5 baby carriers are for girls, so our little one will have lots of friends. Adam stayed downstairs during the shower with the toddlers for as long as he could manage, but they all made their way up, along with Adam - the sole male at the party. With a baby on his hip, he seemed quite at ease among the moms, albeit a little frazzled with the kids. Way to be comfortable with your manhood, Adam! (oh, and thanks for babysitting).
2 comments:
We are all so excited for you! And apparently we needed a good excuse for a party :)
congrats on a girl. They are my favorites!
Post a Comment