For no other reason than we heard it was a great place, Christian and I took a long weekend trip alone to Taos, NM and we were blown away by everything from the culture and food to the scenery. This is a photo of Taos Pueblo, oldest continuously inhabited structure in the US. Some of the homes don't use electricity and they haven't changed the way they lived thousands of years ago. It was incredible.
The doors were painted to look like the sky.
We rented a jeep and cruised all over NM. Christian loved it.

Isn't Christian cute? We had so much fun alone. We love our kids, but it was just so wonderful to have time alone!!
We decided last-minute to take a "difficult" hike. It didn't look too bad and there were some older women hiking up as we were hiking down, so we figured it couldn't be that bad. It was brutal! The payoff was the view of the Rio Grande and the Red River meeting (I hope I'm remembering those rivers correctly...) but we were both sore for two days.
We were surprised by Santa Fe - it's a fabulous city with so much culture and great shopping and Frito Pies. Yep, chili in a frito bag with toppings - delicious. In fact, every single meal we had the entire weekend was amazing. I think I might even go back to NM just for the food.





No comments:
Post a Comment