Aren't they cute? 40 years of marriage and they still love each other, which is no surprise to me, but by the world's standard it's pretty amazing. What was surprising was the party we threw for them when we were all gathered for the 4th of July. We had "reunion" shirts made that said "Marriott" on the front, baseball style and then patiently Laura stenciled a number on the back of each shirt - all 40 of them - with the order in which we were born. Christian and I were #5 and our children were numbered by the grandchildren starting with Melaine as #1 and Joseph #23, I think. It was pretty cute to see them all running around in their shirts.
Caroline made a photo book about them and it was so much fun to see pictures of them in high school and college and on their honeymoon. I hope I can look back at my own pictures in 30 years and laugh with my kids!
Paige and John at the Oakley parade. Gotta love the Rodeo Queens in the background.
This was our first try at the parade and the kids got SO much candy, they loved it.
Mom in her cowboy shirt that Dad bought for her in Chicago, of all places.
One happy kid - candy in hand!
2 comments:
Wow, your mom really classed up that baseball manager tee with those pearls!
What fun memories ya'll made!! I just got throuugh looking at all your blog posts and loved catching up on the Mitchell's! Btw, I know you favor your Dad alot, but I loved the picture of you and your Mom together and I can see alot of her in you, as well. Such pretty ladies! I also LOVED the sweet picture of you and Georgia in the hammock. Your boys are all growing up so fast! Just a lovely family. Lots of love to you! Stace
Post a Comment